1. Do I need a visa to enter Bulgaria?For residents of the EU and the USA, no visa is required for up to a 90-day stay in Bulgaria. For information about other countries, see the following site: www.mfa.bg/en/pages/view/85
2. Is the use of credit cards wide spread?In large stores, hotels, and catering and entertainment establishments, the following credit cards are generally accepted: Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Diners Club. In smaller stores, hotels, and catering and entertainment establishments, it is necessary to pay in cash.
3. What currency is used for daily transactions in the country?At present, only BGN (lev) is accepted. The official currency of the country is the lev, which is equal to 100 stotinki. The lev is pegged to the Euro.
4. What is the best way to exchange currency?All banks and licensed exchange offices are suitable for exchanging currency.
5. Where are the international airports in the country?There are international airports in Sofia, Plovdiv, Varna and Burgas. Direct charter flights are available to the Black Sea airports in Varna and Burgas during the summer season.
6. What is the country's emergency telephone number?112.
7. Bulgaria is located in which time zone?Bulgaria is located in the Eastern European Time Zone, which is GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) +2 hours.
8. What is the climate in Bulgaria?The climate in the country is temperate continental, with Mediterranean influence in the southern parts. The Black Sea influences the climate in the eastern part of the country. There are about 2,000 sunny hours from May to October. During the winter, the mountains are particularly suitable for winter sports.